PFC Clay Harness was killed in Action, April 2, 1953, Western Outposts, Nevada Cities, Korea. He was buried in the Laurel Grove Cemetery, June 17, 1953. He served with the Weapons Co., 2nd Battalion, 1st Marines division. He was awarded the Purple Heart, the Combat Action Ribbon, the Korean Service Medal, U. S. Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation and Republic Korea War Service Medal.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 September 1932
- Date of death: 2 April 1953
- County: Anderson
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Action Ribbon, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Laurel Grove Cemetery, Laurel Grove, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clay Harness
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.