Born 3 November 1912
Died 26 July 1944
Private First Class
253rd Infantry Regiment, 63rd Infantry Division, E Company
The Kingsport News, 28 September 1948.
The body of PFC Claude V. Hensley, who was killed in action in France, July 26, 1944 is scheduled to arrive in Kingsport at 2:35 p.m. Friday and will be met at the train by an honor guard of Dewitt Byrd Post, Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Private Hensley was a farmer before he entered the service August 21, 1943. He went overseas in May, 1944 and was a member of Company E, 253rd Infantry, 63rd Division.
Surviving are four brothers. T.R. Hensley, Kingsport: John D. and Robert D. Hensley, Gypsum, Ohio and Emmett Hensley, Blountville: and four sister, Mrs. Marshall Browder, Indian Springs; Mrs. Ray Bays, Kingsport; Mrs. Clay Grove and Miss Ruby Hensley, Blountville.
The body will remain at Huff Funeral Home until time for the funeral.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 3 November 1912
- Date of death: 26 July 1944
- County: Scott
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 253rd Infantry Regiment, 63rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hensley Cemetery, Kingsport, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Claude V. Hensley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.