Claude Long was born in Church Hill, Tennessee to John and Add Long. He entered the service on 21 September 1917 at Rogersville, Tn. and received his training at Camp Sevier in Greenville, South Carolina and Camp Gordon in Atlanta, Georgia before sailing to Europe May 10, 1918. He was killed in action 8 October 1918 at the age of 21, and is buried plot A, row 21, grave 11, at Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France.
117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division AEF
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 5 November 1895
- Date of death: 8 October 1918
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Church Hill
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company A, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Argonne Forest
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Claude Long
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.