Claude Fansler was born 4 April 1894 in Surgoinsville, Tennessee to Enoch and Sarah Fansler. He entered the service on 25 May 1918 at Camp Pike in Little Rock, Arkansas and received further training at Camp Merritt in New Jersey. He sailed to Europe on 22 August 1918 arriving in September. He died at the age of 24 in France of bronchial pneumonia.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 4 April 1894
- Date of death: 4 February 1919
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Surgoinsville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Troop K, 6th Cavalry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Piney Grove Baptist Church Cemetery, Surgoinsville, Hawkins County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Claude Fansler
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.