Claude Byron Culvahouse
Served on the USS Ticonderoga (CV-14). His casualty resulted from the explosions and fires caused by the two Kamikaze planes that hit the Ticonderoga. He was killed in action and buried at sea.
Participated in the Philippine Campaign and in South China Sea combat
Memorialized at Manila American Cemetery in Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
Parents: Dallas F. and Rena Culvahouse
Siblings: Grauer Culvahouse, Arch Culvahouse, Blanche Culvahouse, Irma Culvahouse, Charles Culvahouse, Dallas Culvahouse Jr., and Virginia Culvahouse.
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of birth: 20 November 1927
- Date of death: 21 January 1945
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Ticonderoga (CV-14)
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Claude B. Culvahouse
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.