Claude Albert Baker enlisted in the U.S. Navy on December 27, 1916. After his period of training, he was assigned to duty on the U.S.S. New York, sailing in November 1917. He was killed in a seaplane accident in the war zone December 3, 1917. His rating in the Navy was Seaman Second Class.
Father: Mr. William B. Baker of Sparrow Point Maryland.
He is interred at C,2,17 Suresnes American Cemetery, Suresnes, France.
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of birth: 2 July 1898
- Date of death: 3 December 1917
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Navy
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Suresnes American Cemetery, Suresnes, France
- Contact us to sponsor Claude A. Baker
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.