Clarence Webb was initially buried at Castelfiorentino Cemetery at Castelfiorentino, Italy and reburied at Florence American Cemetery, Via Cassia, Italy, G, 13, 8
The Kingsport Times News, 29 July 1945
With the Fifth Army, Italy. Staff Sergeant Clarence Webb of Kingsport has been awarded the Bronze Star Medal posthumously for meritorious service in combat. He served on the Fifth Army front in Italy in the 349th “Krautkiller” Regiment, 88th “Blue Devil” Division. His mother, Mrs. Elizabeth D. Webb, lives at 1217 Pierce Street, Kingsport.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of death: 22 April 1945
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 349th Infantry Regiment, 88th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Florence American Cemetery, Via Cassia, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clarence Webb
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.