Sergeant Clarence John Carver (USMCR) was born in Florida. He was the son of Edgar Harrison Carver and Clara Ica Huffstetler. The family moved to Florida in the 1930´s. The parents divorced in 1939 after which Clara moved back to Tennessee. She remarried Allen Howard Lauder in 1939. Clarence Carver and his father stayed in Florida. Sgt Carver was killed on Iwo Jima.
Mother: Mrs. Clara Lauder, Rt 6, Maryville, TN.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 14 February 1925
- Date of death: 20 February 1945
- County: Blount
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 5th Marine Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Greenwood Cemetery, Eustis, Lake County, Florida
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clarence J. Carver
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.