Born 20 May 1913, Fentress County, Tennessee
Died 25 May 1944, Italy
Son of Arvil Demont and Bernetta Ellen Price Bow
Linary Cemetery, Cumberland Homesteads, Cumberland County, Tennessee, USA
180th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division
Crossville Chronicle, July 20, 1944
Pvt. Clarence Bow, age 29, son of Arvil Bow and Nettie Price Bow, now deceased, formerly of Fentress county, has been reported killed in action.
He is survived by three brothers, Leo Bow, Sequatcie Valley; Fred Bow, Muncie, Ind., and Dow C. Bow, who is now with the armed forced in England, and an only sister, Mrs. Willard Beaty, Cumberland Homesteads.
There are also four half-brothers, of which three are living, and a half-sister, Jarvis in Arkansas, Andrew and Elbert of Tompkinsville, Ky., Mrs. Minttie Tompkins of Byrdstown.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 20 May 1913
- Date of death: 25 May 1944
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Crossville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 180th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Linary Cemetery, Cumberland Homesteads, Cumberland County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clarence E. Bow
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.