Christopher Stephen Timothy Jr. was born 18 December 1895, Chattanooga, Tennessee to Christopher Stephen Timothy and Sarah D. Bannon of 509 Mable St., Chattanooga, Hamilton County, Tennessee. He entered the service March 15, 1917 at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia where he received training before sailing to Europe on September 12, 1917. He was wounded July 28, 1918 and died the same day.
He is buried plot A, row 6, grave 7, Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, Belleau, France.
Photo courtesy “The price of Our Heritage by Winfred E. Robb”
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 18 December 1895
- Date of death: 28 July 1918
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 168th Infantry Regiment, 42nd Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: German Offensive Marne
- Burial/Memorial Location: Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, Belleau, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Christopher S. Timothy Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.