Staff Sgt. Christopher M. Ward, 24, of Oak Ridge, Tenn., died April 6 in Kandahar, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit in Zabul, Afghanistan with a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 5th Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Armor Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.
SSG Christopher Michael Ward, age 24, died Saturday, April 6, 2013 in Kandahar, Afghanistan while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Chris was the son of Joyce Marie Scott Ward and Michael Howard Ward, who both survived him. He was born April 20, 1988 in Arcadia, Florida and attended Desoto High School until his sophomore year where he first became involved with ROTC. He moved to Oak Ridge with his mother and attended Oak Ridge High during his junior year and enlisted in the Army at age 17.
Note: please see the bracelet below that was found in a spring in Florida. The finder wants to return to family. Contact: email@example.com
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 20 April 1988
- Date of death: 6 April 2013
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Oak Ridge
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 7th Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Afghanistan
- Battles: Operation Enduring Freedom
- Awards: Bronze Star, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cremated
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Christopher M. Ward
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.