Christopher Columbus Farner
Born 9 September 1915
Christopher Columbus Farner was the son of James F. Farner and Gertrude Rogers.
2nd Infantry Regiment, 5th Infantry Division
He was killed during combat along the Sauer river.
The Knoxville Journal, March 9, 1945
Pvt. Chris Farner, husband of Mrs. Ruth Farner and son of Mr. and Mrs. Jim Farner of Turtletown, was killed in action Feb. 16 with the Third Army in Luxembourg, the War Department has notified his family. Private Farner entered service March 30, 1944 and took basic training at Fort McClellan, Ala. He went overseas in September, 1944. His brother, Cpl. James I. Farner, is stationed at Seattle, Wash. Private Farner is survived by three childrren, his widow, brother and parents. The children are James Edward, Barbara Jean and Faye Farner. Private Farner was a member of Turtletown Baptist Church.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 9 September 1915
- Date of death: 16 February 1945
- County: Polk
- Hometown: Turtletown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 2nd Infantry Regiment, 5th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Turtletown Baptist Church Cemetery, Turtletown, Polk County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Christopher C. Farner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.