Technician Fifth Class Charlie Robert Little was born on 12 January 1902 in Catawba, North Carolina. He was the son of George Pinkney Alonzo Little and Minnie Amelia Gilleland. He was married to Mary Alva Earle. He died non battle on 3 October 1945. According to a newspaper article (see below), his body was found in a lake at Mountain Island Dam, NC.
His Army Serial Number is 14101211 and, according to www.wwiimemorial.com, he was from Hamilton County, TN, but according to archives.gov, he was born in North Carolina and resided in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina and enlisted in Charlotte, NC.
Apparently, he always resided in Catawba, North Carolina and is buried there (see gravestone below).
- Rank: Technician Fifth Class
- Date of birth: 12 January 1902
- Date of death: 3 October 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Catawba, NC
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Concord United Methodist Church Cemetery, Catawba, Catawba County, North Carolina, USA Show Map
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charlie R. Little
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.