Charley Howard Ball was born on 27 October 1923 to William Morgan Ball and Sarah Cordelia Nash.
Died 1 August 1944, France
Buried at Shelby Hills Cemetery, Bristol, TN
10th Infantry Regiment, 5th Division, Company F
The Bristol Herald Courier, September 24, 1944
Pvt. Charles H. Ball, 20, son of Mr. and Mrs. W.M. Ball of Bristol, Tenn., was killed in action in France on August 1, memorial services are being held at the Walnut Hill Presbyterian church. Surviving are his parents, one brother, Rhea Ball, Jr. of Narrows, Va., two half-brothers, Eugene Ball of Narrows and Erwin Gobble of Thomasville, N.C., two half-sisters, Roxie Ball Leab of Bristol, Tenn., RFD2 and Octavia Gobble Howell of Oxford, Pa.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 27 October 1923
- Date of death: 1 August 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Bristol
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 10th Infantry Regiment, 5th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shelby Hills Cemetery, Bristol, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charley H. Ball
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.