Charles W. Sizemore was born 27 April 1924 to Allen I. Sizemore and Mary Ann Wilson. He was killed in action June 11, 1944 in France.
Buried at Pigeon Forge Baptist Cemetery, Sevierville, TN
The Knoxville Journal, November 20, 1944
Tech. Cpl. Charles W. Sizemore, son of Mr. and Mrs. Allen Sizemore of Pigeon Forge, was killed in action in France, June 11, parents have been informed. He had been in the Army more than three years and overseas six months. He is survived by his parents, four sisters and three brothers.
- Rank: Technician Fifth Class
- Date of birth: 27 April 1924
- Date of death: 11 June 1944
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Martel
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 286th G.A.S. Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pigeon Forge Baptist Cemetery, Sevierville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles W. Sizemore
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.