Charles Wesley Hopson
Corporal Hopson as a veteran of World War II. In Korea, he was a member of Company D, 728th Military Police Battalion. He died of other causes near Chi Chyon, South Korea.
The Johnson City Press-Chronicle, September 18, 1951
Word has been received here of the accidental death of Corporal Charles W. Hopson of Johnson City in Korea. The soldier was fatally wounded when a gun was discharged accidentally. His wife, Mrs. Virginia Mitchell Hopson, resides at 52 Pardee street. Among other survivors is a son, Gary Hopson. The soldier’s body will be shipped here for burial.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 16 November 1916
- Date of death: 29 August 1951
- County: Unicoi
- Hometown: Johnson City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 728th Military Police Battalion
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Monte Vista Cemetery, Johnson City, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles W. Hopson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.