Private First Class Charles W. Dilbeck was assigned to the 39th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division.
In October of 1944 the 39th was engaged in the Hürtgen Forest in the Rhineland, one of the most heavily defended areas of Germany.
PFC Dilbeck was killed in action on the 15th Of October 1944. He is interred at the Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium, plot B, row 6, grave 40.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 16 March 1919
- Date of death: 15 October 1944
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: Habersham
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 39th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Hurtgen Forest
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles W. Dilbeck
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.