Charles Woodward Day was born in Rock Creek, Unicoi County, Tennessee to Charles Walter Day and Myrtle N. Hampton. He was married to Paulina McInturff.
He served with the 2nd Armored Division, 67th Armored Regiment, Company C
He died at the Veterans Administration hospital at the Government Reservation Mountain Home due to rheumatic fever.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 19 July 1913
- Date of death: 17 January 1944
- County: Unicoi
- Hometown: Erwin
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 2nd Armored Division, 67th Armored Regiment
- Theater: Europe, North Africa
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Fedhala Landing, battles against the famed Afrika Corps across Morocco and Tunisia
- Awards: American Defense Medal, EAME Medal, Good Conduct Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Day Cemetery, Unicoi County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Millard F. Day
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.