Charles Taylor Shipley was born October 28, 1931.
He enlisted in the United States Army on October 2, 1952, and was a medic with the Medical Company, 180th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action on July 18, 1953, while tending his wounded comrades in North Korea.
He was returned to his hometown of Dayton, Tennessee and was laid to rest in Buttram Cemetery.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 28 October 1931
- Date of death: 18 July 1953
- County: Rhea
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 180th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Medical Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Buttram Cemetery, Dayton, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles T. Shipley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.