Private Charles R. Finnell, US Army, was assigned to the 109th Infantry Regiment, 28th Infantry Division. The 28th Division was cleaning out the Colmar pocket of resistance on 1-5 Febuary 1945, and then crossed the Rhine River on the 6th of February at the Rhone-Rhine Canal.
Private Finnel died on the 6th of February 1945. He is interred at the Epinal-American Cemetery, France, A,41,26. Awards include the Purple Heart Medal.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 1 January 1916
- Date of death: 6 February 1945
- County: Bradley
- Hometown: Cleveland
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 109th Infantry Regiment, 28th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Epinal American Cemetery, Epinal (Vosges), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles R. Finnell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.