Age 20. Inducted U.S. Army in Feb. 1942. Wounded in Italy on June 2, 1944 and died on June 11. Attended Dixon School, Missionary Baptist Church. Son of Mr. J.S. Benfield, 1648 F St. Kingsport TN.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 16 April 1924
- Date of death: 11 June 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Vermont United Methodist Church Cemetery, Bloomingdale, Sullivan County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Aaron Stacy
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.