Charles Oscar Reed
Powell High School Graduate
His tour began on April 3, 1967
4th PLT, B Company, 1st Battalion, 8th Infantry, 4th Infantry Division
Died at the age of 20 in Pleiku, South Vietnam
Buried in Knoxville National Cemetery on May 31, 1967 (Section C, Plot 5369)
Cause of Death: Hostile, died while missing, ground casualty, multiple fragmentation wounds
Panel 20E – Line 34
United States Army Private First Class Reed was seriously wounded in combat and died of his wounds later that day.
Family: Son of Clyde W. and Emma Lee May. Siblings Brother Clyde W. Reed Jr., Jeanna Reed, and Hilda Reed.
Awards: Combat Infantrymans Badge, Bronze Star (with Valor), Purple Heart Medal, National Defense Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal (with bronze star), and Vietnam Service Medal.
To any family of this soldier I have a box with all his pictures, war time letters, medals, old family pictures of his and everything on his person when he died in Vietnam. I would like to give to his family so please email me and I will love to give you his personal effects that his deceased wife had kept.
–Submitted by Tim Rogers email@example.com
|Photo courtesy of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund- Katey Mishler|
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 5 April 1947
- Date of death: 18 May 1967
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Powell
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 8th Infantry, 4th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Combat Infantrymans Badge, Bronze Star (with Valor), Purple Heart Medal, National Defense Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal (with bronze star), and Vietnam Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles O. Reed
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.