Charles M. Overbay
Born 8 March 1931 – Kingsport
Died of Wounds 7 March 1952
Son of David Roy Overbay and Nora Johnson
Sergeant Overbay was a member of the 14th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division. He was Wounded in Action while fighting the enemy in North Korea by an enemy land mine on March 7, 1952 and died of those wounds later that day. He entered the Army in January 1951 and took basic training at Camp Breckinridge, KY.
His brother Jacob K. Overbay was also killed in Korea.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 8 March 1931
- Date of death: 7 March 1952
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 14th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, and Korean War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Emory Methodist Church Cemetery, Sullivan County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles M. Overbay
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.