Charles Lloyd Thompson
Born 2 July 1925
Enlisted August 27, 1943, in Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Died 11 June 1944
142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division, Company H
Pvt Thompson was killed in action at Anzio, Italy. He is buried at Concord Masonic Cemetery, Knox County in Tennessee.
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, July 5, 1944
Mr. and Mrs. A.B. Thompson, of Concord, have been notified that the youngest of their sons, Pvt. Charles Loyd Thompson, 18, was killed in action in Italy on June 11. Pvt. Thompson reached Italy in March and in April spent three hours with his brother, Pvt. Reece B. Thompson, 23, who also is stationed there. The lost son was a member of Chrchton Memorial Baptist Church at Concord. The third son is Cpl. Paul Thompson, of Camp Davis, N.C.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 2 July 1925
- Date of death: 11 June 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Anzio
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Concord Masonic Cemetery, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Charles W. Benson
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.