Carl Lee Hicks was the son of Mrs. Mary Collins and reared by his grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. S. R. Hicks.
He was severely wounded on 9 November 1918 and died of broncho pneumonia on 11 April 1919. He is buried in the New Bethel Presbyterian Church Cemetery (old section) in Piney Flats, TN.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 22 November 1892
- Date of death: 11 April 1919
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Piney Flats
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Battery A, 115th Field Artillery
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Bethel Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Piney Flats, Sullivan County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles L. Hicks
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.