Charles (also Charley) Luther Hatmaker was born on February 8, 1892 in Coal Creek, Tennessee. He was the son of Cornelius Hatmaker and Mary Etta Fritts Hatmaker. He had three brothers, William J. Hatmaker, Silas H. Hatmaker, and Richard Austin Hatmaker, and one sister, Bessie Hatmaker. Prior to joining the military he worked as a miner. He died on September 19, 1917 of typhoid fever.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 8 February 1892
- Date of death: 19 September 1917
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Coal Creek
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 82nd Division
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Island Ford Cemetery, Lake City, Anderson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles L. Hatmaker
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.