Charles Guy Abell served on the U.S.S. Sapphire (PYC-2). He died in the line of duty at State Pier, New London, Connecticut, due to drowning.
Buried Mountain Home National Cemetery
Johnson City, TN
Plot N, 1, 1
- Rank: Seaman
- Date of birth: 5 February 1909
- Date of death: 22 April 1945
- County: Sullivan
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Sapphire
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mountain Home National Cemetery, Johnson City, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles G. Abell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.