Charles Easy Venable was received from the USS Hunt (DD-674) on 20 March 1945. He had a fracture, compound, skull and deceased on 22 March 1945. He had extensive intracranial damage. He was received in a comatose condition and showed no response to all efforts to save him. He was buried at Sea and is memorialized at the Honolulu Memorial.
- Rank: Signalman First Class
- Date of death: 22 March 1945
- County: Morgan
- Hometown: Oakdale
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Franklin (CV-13)
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Honolulu Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles E. Venable
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.