Charles Everet Tipton was born on 8 June 1919 to John Wesley Tipton and Lela Mildred Brooks. Husband of Edna Tipton and father of Jo Ann Tipton and Alice Marie Tipton.
Siblings: Olen W. Tipton, Deadick O. Tipton, Dortha C. Tipton, Alice Tipton, Joe W. Tipton, Jack B. Tipton, Mary Ann Tipton, and Fay Pope Tipton
He enlisted on November 10, 1942, in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. Died 25 August 1944 in Italy.
Buried at Greenwood Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
14th Armored Infantry Battalion, Company B
The Knoxville Journal, September 7, 1944
Pfc. Charles Everett (Chicken) Tipton, 25, son of Mrs. Lela Brooks Tipton of 535 Tazewell Pike, was killed in action in Italy, Aug. 25, according to information which his mother received from the War Department yesterday. Additional surivors: widow, Mrs. Edna Tipton; two daughters, Jo Ann and Alice Marie; brothers, O.W. and D.O., both of Knoxville, and J.W. and Jack Tipton, both of the U.S. Army stationed in England, and four sisters,Mrs. Elmer Cardwell and Mrs. T.t. Copeland and Misses Mary ann and Faye Tipton.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 8 June 1919
- Date of death: 25 August 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 14th Armored Infantry Battalion, Company B
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Greenwood Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles E. Tipton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.