Charles Edward Scarbrough
Son of William Scarbrough and Mattie Emmaline Simmons
Killed in Action in Italy
15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Division
Akins Cemetery, Crossville, Cumberland County, Tennessee, USA
Crossville Chronicle, November 16, 1944
Sgt. Charles Edward Scarbrough was inducted into the Army on Feb. 24, 1943; was sent overseas in July, 1943, without having had a furlough. He was born and reared in Cumberland County; attended the High school in Crossville and Pleasant Hill. He was killed in action on May 23, 1944 in Italy.
Survivors are his father Charles Scarbrough; his mother, Mattie Scarbrough, six sisters and one brother.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 10 October 1922
- Date of death: 23 May 1944
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Crossville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Akins Cemetery, Crossville, Cumberland County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles E. Scarbrough
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.