Charles Etherage “Charlie” Cook was born at Butler, Tennessee to Thomas and Hannah E. Cook. He inducted June 25, 1918 at Elizabethon, Tennessee and trained at Camp Gordon in Georgia. He died 18 October 1918 in France at the age of 26 from non-battle wounds/injuries (Lobar Pneumonia).
Buried at Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, Tennessee, A, 20
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 22 August 1891
- Date of death: 18 October 1918
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Butler
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 24th Company, 157th Depot Brigade
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles E. Cook
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.