Charles Edward Boone was born in Englewood, Tennessee to James Taylor Boone and Mollie A. Reynolds. He entered the service May 28, 1918 at Athens Tennessee and trained at Camp Pike in Little Rock Arkansas. He was Killed in Action at the Verdun front in France. He was initially buried at the American Cemetery Romagne-sous-Montfaucon, Meuse, France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 23 July 1887
- Date of death: 14 October 1918
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Etowah
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company D, 127th Infantry Regiment, 32nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Verdun
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles E. Boone
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.