Staff Sergeant Charles Dean Stringfield was born on January 5, 1940, the husband of Carolyn L. Stringfield and the loving father of sons Charles D. Jr., Scott D. Stringfield, and daughters Angela M. Stringfield and Greta M. Stringfield. He was the son of Andrew F. Stringfield and Edith H. Stringfield, all of Harriman, TN.
He served his country in the Vietnam War in the United States Marine Corps, as an infantry unit leader in E Company, 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division. He was a ten-year veteran of the Marines when his tour in Vietnam began on July 29, 1968. On December 10, 1968, SSgt. Stringfield was killed under hostile conditions in Quang Nam province, South Vietnam. He was 28 years old at the time of his death. SSgt. Stringfield is buried at Roane Memorial Gardens, Rockwood, Tennessee, and is memorialized on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Panel 37W, Line 39.
Photo from http://www.honorstates.org
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 5 January 1940
- Date of death: 10 December 1968
- County: Roane
- Hometown: Harriman
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Awards: Three Purple Hearts
- Burial/Memorial Location: Roane Memorial Gardens, Rockwood, Roane County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXIV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles D. Stringfield