Born 28 June 1929
Private First Class Owens was a member of the 2nd Engineer Combat Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division. He was taken Prisoner of War while fighting the enemy near Kunu-ri, North Korea on December 1, 1950 and died while a prisoner on June 6, 1951. Private First Class Owens was awarded the Purple Heart, the Prisoner of War Medal, the Korean Service Medal, the United Nations Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Korean Presidential Unit Citation and the Republic of Korea War Service Medal.
Buried at Arlington National Cemetery, 34, 735-4
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 28 June 1929
- Date of death: 6 June 1951
- County: Knox
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 2nd Engineer Combat Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Prisoner of War Medal, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Korean Presidential Unit Citation, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles B. Owens
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.