Charles Beverly Krause was born in Boynton, Georgia, the son of Charles Theodore Krause and Rosalee “Rosie” Battson.
Buried at Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands, H, 6, 9
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 25 April 1945
Pvt. Charles Beverly Krause, 20, son of Mrs. Rosalie K. Krause, 1939 Dayton Boulevard, was reported by the War Department yesterday to have been killed in action in Germany on April 7. Pvt. Krause, who attended elemetary schools in Chattanooga, was an infantryman in the army when he was killed in Germany. He was employed at Signal Gardens before he entered the service three years ago. He had been overseas for the past 18 months.
He was a brother of James Kraude of Dayton Boulevard, and of Pfc. Billy B. Krause, who is now stationed in Belgium with the army.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 10 September 1924
- Date of death: 7 April 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 309th Infantry Regiment, 78th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles B. Krause
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.