Charles B. Baxter was born 2 April 1910
Died non Battle 21 August 1942
Buried in the Knoxville National Cemetery, B, 6276
Returned from Ipswich USAF Cemetery, Brisbane, Australia.
The Erwin Record, May 13, 1948
The body of Staff Sergeant Charles D. Baxter, husband of Jessie Hampton Baxter, and son of Mr. and Mrs. L.D. Baxter of Erwin, is being sent to the United States from Honolulu, aboard the United States Transport Cardinal O’Connell, and Baxter’s body will be sent from San Francisco to the Atlanta Distribution Center. Mrs. L.D. Baxter, his mother, has been contacted and stated that the family had made no plans until further notification, except that S-Sgt. Baxter will be given a military funeral and burial at the national cemetery in Knoxville.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 2 April 1910
- Date of death: 21 August 1942
- County: Unicoi
- Hometown: Erwin
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles B. Baxter
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.