Born 11 April 1929
Private First Class Ashley was a member of the 21st Infantry Regiment, 24th Infantry Division, Company E. He was killed in action while fighting the enemy in North Korea.
Private First Class Charles Ashley was survived by parents, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Ashley; two brothers, George and Roy, Clinton, Tennessee; two sisters, Mrs. Don Fritts, Miss Roberta Ashley; Colafield half brother, Condon Ashley, Coalfield; half-sisters, Mrs. Jos. Woods, Coalfield, Mrs. Chester Cetnaroski, Los Angeles, Calif.
Funeral services were held February 5, 1952 at Pleasant Grove Baptist Church in Coalfield. He was buried at New Petros Cemetery, Petros, TN with military honors by Wartburg American Legion Post.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 11 April 1929
- Date of death: 19 October 1951
- County: Morgan
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 21st Infantry Regiment, 24th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge, Korean War Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: New Petros Cemetery, Petros, Morgan County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles Ashley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.