Charles “Charley” Albert Helton (also Hilton) was born in Dry Creek, Tennessee, son of Isaac Helton. He was married to Dora L. Helton He joined the Army at the age of 27 on 20 September 1917. Pvt Helton was killed in action on 29 September 1918. He is buried at Dry Creek Cemetery, Johnson City, TN.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 12 May 1890
- Date of death: 29 September 1918
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Jonesboro
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Bellicourt, Hindenburg line (France), Ypres-Lys Offensive, Belgium (19 August-11 November 1918), Somme Offensive, France (8 August-11 November 1918)
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Dry Creek Cemetery, Johnson City, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Charles A. Helton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.