Cecil V. Stone Jr.
Memorialized at Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
Wife: Mrs. Margaret P. Stone, Rt 9, Knoxville
The Knoxville Journal, July 12, 1944
Presumptive death has been declared in the case of Cpl. Cecil V. Stone Jr., former sports mentor at Young High School, the War Department notified his relatives last night. Corporal Stone was reported missing in the South Pacific June 23 of last year, after serving with the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve since August, 1942. At the time of his disappearance, Stone was a candidate for Officers Training School. Capt. John E. Stone Sr., Cecil’s brother, is at present in the Pacific with the Marines. The two are sons of Mr. and Mrs. Cecil V. Stone Sr., Martin Mill Pike. Cecil’s wife, the former Miss Margaret Bible, lives with the Stone family.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 3 April 1912
- Date of death: 24 June 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Cecil V. Stone Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.