Staff Sergeant Cecil Humphrey of Lake City was born around 1921. He was the son of Henry and Louisa Weaver Humphrey. He served in the European theater of the war. He was awarded a Bronze Star for bravery. He died in France in 1944.
Buried at the Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France, J, 24, 5.
- Rank: Staff Sergeant
- Date of birth: 11 September 1920
- Date of death: 11 July 1944
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Lake City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 38th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Cluster, Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Cecil Humphrey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.