Born and reared near Kingsport, TN and attended Blountville High School. He was killed in the Normandy invasion on June 19, 1944. Hometown was in Scott County, VA.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 9 October 1919
- Date of death: 19 June 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 357th Infantry Regiment, 90th Infantry Division, Company K
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oak Hill Memorial Park, Kingsport, Sullivan County, TN
- Contact us to sponsor John H. Cassel
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.