Fred Adams Carroll was born in Loudon, Tennessee on 26 February 1927, son of William Henry Carroll and Mary Molly Adams.
The Maryville and Alcoa Daily Times, December 27, 1950:
Soldier dies following Rocket Explosion
Camp Pickett, Va., Dec. 27 – One of six 43rd Winged Victory Division soldiers injured in an explosion of a 2.36 inch rocket in a barracks here last December 22, died last night in the Camp Pickett Hospital, post authorities said today.
The soldier who died of injuries was Recruit Fred A. Carroll of Jonesboro, Tennessee. He died of complications arising from severe leg injuries.
- Rank: Recruit
- Date of birth: 25 February 1927
- Date of death: 26 December 1950
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Jonesboro
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company G, 102nd Infantry Regiment, 43rd Winged Victory Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Burial/Memorial Location: Union Baptist Church Cemetery
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred A. Carroll
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.