Seaman Second Class Carlus Buford Moore was shipped aboard the Destroyer USS Monaghan DD-354. In December 1944 it was part of Admiral Bull Halsey’s 3rd Fleet. The 3rd Fleet was in operations north of the Philippines when it was caught by Typhoon Cobra. On 18 December 1944 the USS Monaghan and most of her crew went down when the ship capsized and sank. He is listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Manila American Cemetery, Manila, Philippines.
- Rank: Seaman Second Class
- Date of death: 18 December 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Monaghan (DD-354)
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Carlus B. Moore
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.