Carl Temple Duff
Born 8 December 1923, Tennessee
Killed in Action 12 May 1944
96th Bomber Group, 338th Bomber Squadron, 8th Air Force
Aircraft B-17G with serial number 42-31343 was on a combat mission to Brux in Czechoslovakia. The aircraft was seen with a wing off and on fire. There were at least 5 chutes seen in the same general area. The aircraft crashed at Merzhausen in Germany. 6 of the crew members were killed.
Pilot, 1st Lt Robert W. Lewis
Co-Pilot, 2nd Lt Gustaf J. Soderlund
Navigator, 2nd Lt George L. Korty Jr.
Bombardier, 2nd Lt Kenneth W. Foote
Engineer/TT, T/Sgt Carl T. Duff
Radio Operator/RG, T/Sgt Dyton W. Herrin
Assistant Engineer, RW, S/Sgt Alexander J. Kleene
Armorer/TG, S/Sgt Forest C. Corley
Assistant Armorer/LW, S/Sgt Kenneth E. Elliott
He was the son of Mrs. Martha J. Duff of Highland Avenue, Cleveland, Tennessee.
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of birth: 8 December 1923
- Date of death: 12 May 1944
- County: Bradley
- Hometown: Charleston, SC
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 96th Bomber Group, 338th Bomber Squadron
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Fort Hill Cemetery, Cleveland, Bradley County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Carl T. Duff
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.