Carl Richard Hendrix was born at Robertsville, Tennessee, the son of Horace Luke Hendricks and Berdie Rose. Husband of Myra Irene Braden.
Buried at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Belgium, C, 1, 7
Clinton Courier News, January 4, 1945
Pvt. Carl Hendricks, 39, was killed in action in Germany on Nov. 16, the family has been informed. He had been overseas six months and in service for 14 months. Pvt. Hendricks was born Dec. 7, 1905. He was in the infantry. His parents, Mr. and Mrs. Luke Hendricks of Leinarts RFD 1; three sisters, Millie Hendricks, Della Wilcox and Artie Smith; a brother, Floyd and his wife, Mrs. Rene Hendricks, survive.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 5 December 1905
- Date of death: 16 November 1944
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Lake City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 83rd Reconnaissance Battalion, 3rd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Carl R. Hendrix
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.