Carl Lester Russell died at Dougherty County, Georgia
Buried at Woodlawn Cemetery, La Follette, TN
A sailor from Tennessee became the second fatality of a head-on collision during a high-speed chase with police Tuesday. Carl L. Russell, 22, of LaFollette, Tenn. died in a hospital of injuries received in the crash. He was attached to the Naval Air Station near hear.
Marine Pvt. Henry Baugus, 22, of Tennille, Ga., died at the scene of the crash. He drove through a roadblock and smashed into a car containing four sailors as he was chased by city and Dougherty County officers. The other sailors were reported in good condition.
- Rank: Commissaryman Second Class
- Date of birth: 11 January 1945
- Date of death: 30 August 1967
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: La Follette
- Service Branch: Navy
- Conflict: Vietnam
- Burial/Memorial Location: Woodlawn Cemetery, La Follette, Campbell County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XXII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Carl L. Russell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.