Private Carl Howard Collins
Died 17 August 1944, France
News article Kingsport Times News 7 January 1945
Mr. and Mrs. T.N. Colllins have received word that their son, Pvt Carl Howard Collins, was killed in action August 17 in France. Mr. and Mrs. Collins have received the Purple Heart awarded posthumously to their son. Private Collins went overseas in June, 1943, and was in Italy before he went to France. He was serving with the tank division at the time of his death.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 17 August 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery, St. Louis County, MO
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Carl H. Collins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.