Carl Grant Shannon was born on 26 October 1918
Private First Class Shannon was a member of the 13th Engineer Combat Battalion, 7th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy in South Korea.
Buried at Johnson Cemetery, Daisy, TN
The Chattanooga Times, January 7, 1951
Pfc. Carl G. Shannon is en route to Korea. He is the son of Mrs Sanford Shannon of Hixson, and is the husband of the former Miss Elizabeth Minnis, also of Hixson. He entered the service last October.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 26 October 1918
- Date of death: 12 February 1951
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Hixson
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 13th Engineer Combat Battalion, 7th Infantry Division
- Conflict: Korean War
- Awards: Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal, United Nations Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal, and Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- Burial/Memorial Location: Johnson Cemetery, Daisy, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Carl G. Shannon
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.