Carl Edward Patrick
Born 3 January 1918
Died 21 July 1944 in Guam
3rd Marines, 3rd Marine Division
Son of Henry Wilson Patrick and Etta Victoria Harbin
The Kingsport Times, 13 September 1944
The War Department notified Mrs. Etta Patrick, 1640 E Street, that her son, PFC Carl E. Patrick, 26, U.S. M.C., has been killed in action. At present no information is available concerning the cause of the death.
Private Patrick has been in the Marine Corps for two years and ten months and went overseas last September. He has been serving in the South Pacific.
He attended Dobyns-Bennett High School and received his training at Parris Island, S.C., and at Corpus Christi, Texas. Before entering the service he was employed by the Tennessee Eastman Corporation.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 3 January 1918
- Date of death: 21 July 1944
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Kingsport
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 3rd Marines, 3rd Marine Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: City Cemetery, Kingsport, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Carl E. Patrick
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.