Carl Edward Hensley was born 22 June 1923 to Elijah Luther Hensley and Elizabeth Herron.
He died 8 January 1945. Buried at Winnegar Cemetery (now known as Caney Valley Loop Cemetery), Surgoinsville, TN
Private First Class
16th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division, Company G
Rogersville Review, March 1, 1945
Pvt Carl E. Hensley, age 20, son of Mr. and Mrs. Elijah Hensley of Surgoinsville was killed in action on January 8th, in the battle of the Belgium Bulge. He had been in service since April17, 1944.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 22 June 1923
- Date of death: 8 January 1945
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Surgoinsville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 16th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Battle of the Bulge
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Caney Valley Loop Cemetery, Surgoinsville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Carl E. Hensley
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.